Strong-Tie Masonry Reinforcement Galvanised Mesh is made from pre-galvanised steel. The material is known for its formability and resistance to corrosion hence austenitic steels are the most widely used grade of stainless steel. The mesh measures 20m x 63 x 0.45mm (L x W x T) and weighs around 1.10kg. It assists resistance to tensile stresses where settlement occurs and can be easily incorporated into mortar course, coiled for ease of handing. The installation procedure requires for gloves to be worn to protect hands from sharp metal edges while the mesh is positioned within the masonry bed joints, providing a minimum of 25mm cover to external faces. An overlap by a minimum of 75mm should be provided when joining two lengths together. The mesh can be laid every third brickwork course for most reinforcement. CBR Masonry Reinforcement Mesh primarily used to resist local cracking under and over wall openings.
- Provides resistance to tensile stresses tackling settlement
- Corrosion resistant owing to galvanisation
- Galvanised material increases the durability
- Coiled for ease of handling
- Provides resistance to overall cracking due to the make